Canada 150 Logo2017! Canada celebrates its 150th birthday this year, and I can FEEL the excitement from my fellow Canadians. To help celebrate, some organizations are offering free or discounted admissions. Check out the list below to see some of the ways you can experience some more of our fabulous country, Canada.
- FREE ADMISSION TO ROYAL ONTARIO MUSEUM (TORONTO) – JULY 1st
- FREE ADMISSION TO CANADIAN WARPLANE HERITAGE MUSEUM (HAMILTON) – JULY 2nd
- The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum will be offering free admission on July 2nd of the Canada Day weekend. It will be open from 9am – 5pm. Check out this link for more details.
- FREE PARKS CANADA PASS
- Parks Canada is offering free admission to all Parks Canada locations. You will have to visit their website to see all the different parks that are included. Not all parks in Canada have free admission since some of them are Provincial parks, while the Parks Canada Discovery Pass only covers Federal Parks.
- I would personally love to visit Banff, but I don’t think we’ll get that opportunity this year.
- We’ve already visited one of Canada’s National Parks in Ontario this year (stay tuned for our review). Parks Canada has a pretty good website, so check it out to start planning your trip.
- FREE ADMISSION TO ONTARIO PARKS – JULY 21
- On Friday July 21, 2017, Ontario Parks are granting free admission. For more information, visit their website. Visitors to the park will be issued a complimentary day-pass to the park. However, additional charges for facilities not included in the pass (for example, camping, equipment rentals, certain pools) will still apply.
- ONTARIO FUN PASS
- The 2017 Fun Pass offers various savings at various attractions for the summer. Most of the coupons expire in early September with some exceptions expiring in October.
- Many of the free admission offers are for up to 2 children with 1 paying adult admission. Check to see if you are actually getting the best deal. Since you have to pay regular adult fare, you might be better off buying discounted adult and child tickets elsewhere.
- Some attractions included in this fun pass are: Art Gallery of Ontario, Sainte-Marie Among the Hurons, Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory, Royal Botanical Gardens, McMichael Canadian Art Collection, Royal Ontario Museum, Ontario Science Centre.
- FREE FLAG FLOWN ON PARLIAMENT HILL (NATIONWIDE)
- You are likely going to get a miniature Canada Flag, or Canada 150 flag this year to wave around during Canada Day. In case you don’t, did you know you can request a flag that has been flown at Parliament Hill?! Yes, you can! Here is the link for more information, but essentially you email (or fax, or mail) the Minister and get in line. Currently the wait is at least 40 years (yikes!) for a flag flown on the East or West Block, and 54 years (double yikes!!) for a flag flown on Parliament Hill. You must be a Canadian resident for this offer.
How many of these great Canadian freebies and deals are you going to check out? Have you found any more? Let us know by commenting below!